Friday, January 23, 2015

@Estimation180 tweets

Why on earth would I need an additional Twitter handle (account)? I probably don't. However, it just felt right. It was time. Let me break it down:

@mr_stadel tweets will continue to be all things math and make-fun-of-Fawn.

@Estimation180 tweets will capture and share my daily estimation curiosities.

Estimation 180, the site, is a place where students and teachers can have meaningful conversations revolving around number sense. It's mainly structured around themes so teachers and students build number sense using the information from previous days or personal experiences. There's a visual introduction, a simple question, a visual payoff, and reasoning along the way. In preparing the Estimation 180 challenges for the site, many of them are brainstormed, planned, captured, and presented so they are accessible in a classroom.

As for the @Estimation180 Twitter account, I'm capturing a daily estimation curiosity, be it thoughts and/or visuals. Each day, I'll use my estimation radar to look for something I'm curious about. I'll do my best to share a visual when possible. Furthermore, I look forward to posing as many questions as 140 characters will allow. These questions can be just as important as the visual. If not more! There won't necessarily be a visual answer (payoff), but it never hurts to try. This Twitter account allows me to freely view the world in a curious way with minimal restraints.

Thanks for following me at either handle or both.
Thanks for your inspiration.
Thanks for your feedback.
Thanks for your patience as I discipline myself to look for daily estimation curiosities and share them via Twitter at @Estimation180.

Here's the first tweet:

@Estimation180,
933


The embed code for @Estimation180 feed (if you're interested):
<a class="twitter-timeline" href="https://twitter.com/Estimation180" data-widget-id="558849375049220096">Tweets by @Estimation180</a>
<script>!function(d,s,id){var js,fjs=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0],p=/^http:/.test(d.location)?'http':'https';if(!d.getElementById(id)){js=d.createElement(s);js.id=id;js.src=p+"://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js";fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js,fjs);}}(document,"script","twitter-wjs");</script>

No comments:

Post a Comment